RESUME - Carien Wijnen
- Doctor, naturopath, psychotherapist, singer, singing therapist , teacher, choir director.
- Founder and director of the ISGT- the Institute of Holistic Voice-work and Singing Therapy.
- Since 1986, Carien Wijnen has held countless seminars both in Germany and abroad on the healing powers and strengthening effects of chanting and singing.
- A pioneer in the field of holistic singing therapy, she leads further training courses in voice work and song therapy.
- Producer of CD's with healing songs and world music.
- Born in the Netherlands in 1956.
- Professional training in classical singing in Nijmegen.
- Studied medicine in Nijmegen and Berlin, qualified as a medical doctor.
- Focus of studies: naturopathy and psychosomatic medicine.
- Worked as a doctor in a psychiatric clinic.
- Professional training in naturopathy: 3-year full-time training in classical homeopathy, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, phytotherapy, massage (classical massage, shiatsu), astromedicine, etcetera.
- Further training in psychotherapy, breathing therapy, body therapies, energy medicine, theory of breathing types, overtone singing, conducting choirs, circle dancing, improvisation, yodeling etc.
- Teacher of anatomy, physiology, foot reflexology.
- Performances as a singer (jazz, classical, sing-along concerts) and conductor (women’s choir 'Chorabella').
- Produced and distributed 7 original CD's with healing songs and world music under her own record lable, 'Rainbow Woman Productions'.
- Founded the ISGT, the Institute for Holistic Voice-work and Sing Therapy in Berlin in 2004. Leads further training courses.
- Teaches in many different further training institutes.
- Leads sing-along concerts and performs as a soloist.